Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bokah Lighting Effect 311/365


I copied the idea from Lance, Tim, and Eric. My daughter used one of her scrapbooking gadgets, a Cricut Machine, to create the flower pattern. Even though it works as advertised I’m still having a problem wrapping my head around the science that 85+% of my lens is covered and I still have full field of view, my foreground subject is in focus and only the lights are affected. I put a few other shots up on flickr if you’re curious. Off camera flash on the left about 2 feet higher than the subject.

2 comments:

  1. Yea....welcome to the club :)
    I just boght a cokin lens thingy I will post on my blog today...its nice and now no need for tape or 2nd hand ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Congratulations on 365 too! And good luck in 2010!

    ReplyDelete