Thursday, February 18, 2016

My Dad





My Dad
My dad loved tea
My dad loved to dance
My dad loved to take long walks
My dad loved the woods
My dad loved sweets, especially cookies and Jolly Ranchers
My dad loved Christmas
My dad loved Wildwood vacations
My dad loved his sister Dianne
My dad loved his children and grandchildren
But more than anything my dad loved my mother, “his Caryl”

My dad was a mechanical genius
My dad could build or fix anything
My dad was a good neighbor
My dad was a practical joker
My dad was humble
My dad was a hard worker
My dad was a romantic

My dad taught me to use tools and be handy
My dad taught me to drive
My dad taught me to be a good neighbor
My dad taught me consequences
My dad taught me to shoot
My dad taught me to be generous
My dad taught me to work for what I wanted

My dad was loved
My dad will be missed


3 comments: