Tuesday, June 2, 2009

First HDR 97/365

This was not my intended post for today. I was out on my bike on Saturday and spied a fountain I wanted to shoot with my ND filters. I went back this evening but the fountain was turned off. Damn! So I went over to the 9/11 memorial and shot a bunch of frames in aperture priority and manual mode/bulb. I wasn’t happy with anything. The best ones looked like ordinary snapshots. Quickly I realized I had an assortment of under/over/properly exposed shots, HDR. Too bad I didn’t use AEB but I did use a tripod and assumed the alignment would be useable. I’m still using an older version of PS, so I went online and purchased Photomatix. I simply went through the wizard and took the default output because I don’t have the time to learn it and experiment tonight. All things considered, it’s plausibly acceptable for the first try.

No comments:

Post a Comment