Saturday, May 15, 2010

Lady Bugs 64/365


I went to the nursery yesterday and at the checkout counter they had containers of 500 Lady Bugs for $8.  I was shocked to discover they came with directions too.  FACT - Lady Bugs don’t fly at night. So the recommended release approach is to wait until after dark and then water the plants where you want them to nest.  Upon release the Lady Bugs will immediately seek out food and water.  Since its dark they wont fly away and having water right there increases the odds that they’ll stick around.

Strobist – Speedlight #1 camera left at 1/16 power shot through an umbrella.  Speedlight #2 defused, camera right at 1/32 power 

8 comments:

  1. Nicely lit - really good focus too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo, did you buy some? and is that a pic of your new lady bugs?? :) Wonderful photo, love the water droplet and lady bug detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo - love the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great shot of the lady bugs!! Thanks for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oz Girl - Yes I spent the $8 on bugs, I'd like to think I did it for the good of the garden but my wife and I both know I did it for the photo op.

    ReplyDelete