Sunday, May 16, 2010

Portrait Practice 65/365


I read about a portrait technique of using natural light, but not direct sunlight, coming in through a window to light your subject.  Then use shielded/defused fill flash to control the level and position of shadow for the other side of the face.

Since all my potential models were not in a cooperative mood today I used the dyed rose my wife received as a gife from our youngest daughter. 

As a learning experience I saw how changing the position and power of the light delivered the desired effect.  However, it didn’t translate well to a picture of a rose, so I selected one with a less dramatic affect. 

1 comment:

  1. Well, the lighting on the rose does look beautiful. And the unique coloring lends itself to intrigue. I think it's a vary unique and beautiful photo. :)

    ReplyDelete